Saturday, June 10, 2023

Ouch! Day Four

 Day four kicked my butt! We did 28.6 kilometers; just under 18 miles. There were a lot of climbs, a little ocean, a late start, and lots of sun. I developed my first blister, luckily traveling with some seasoned pilgrims and they gave me what I hope will turn out to be good advice. 

At the end of the day, the group began to discuss the forward trek. We are 160 kilometers from Santiago. Each 10 kilometers is about 6 miles. Not sure what the rest of the group is doing, but I’m adding another day and limiting my days to 20kl/12 miles. I just can’t do 18.  I think a couple of others in the group are taking that route so I should not be alone. Our “group” started with 4. We now number 8. The Camino has a way of multiplying friends. 

For now, my pack has not been a problem so I will continue to carry. That may change later. 

Say a prayer for me. I want to keep going. I want my body to hold out, especially my feet. So all you prayer warriors send up a prayer for my feet. More to come tomorrow. 

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Father…we are prayingbfor you daily…

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you, Glad day 5 was better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continued prayers, Father Tom! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there Father I will pray for you and you pray pray for mefor me,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Your post will be reviewed as quickly as possible and then posted to the blog. Fr. Tom