Friday, June 16, 2023

And Then There Was One Day 10 Completed

 10 days down and one to go. I spent the first part of this day placing prayer and worry rocks along the Camino. I must admit I was humbled by the experience. I made a list last night that included the name and then the intention for which I prayed. As I looked at the list I would get a rock and then pray for that intention while I walked to the next marker. Thank you all for trusting me with your intentions. I received intentions from former students (back before priesthood when I was “Mr” Clegg) and from every parish that I have served as a priest. It was an honor to pray my way through this day. 

I now have the end in sight. What ten days ago began as a hope and a dream will, barring any severe injury, be brought to fruition. One of the things I find most interesting about this journey is that the things I thought might be a problem (carrying a pack for 11 days) turned out not to be problematic. After a while I really didn’t even think about the pack. And the things that I didn’t think about (blisters) became the real problem. I’m not sure what I could have done to prevent the blisters. I walked everyday at home and only had one the whole time. At last count I have 6.  To be totally honest they are more painful when I change out of my walking shoes and into my evening shoes. As I walk they occasionally annoy but rarely really hurt. 

I am anxious now to reach the church of Santiago de Compostela tomorrow. We have just under 20k to go. We hope to leave early (about 5:30, I think) so we can reach Compostela around noon. We have two nights in Compostela before I head to Madrid for two nights. I’ll continue to post throughout the next several days. Thanks for joining me in this journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Your post will be reviewed as quickly as possible and then posted to the blog. Fr. Tom