Saturday, June 17, 2023

Camino Completed Day 11

 Are we there yet? It’s the question that pops into every kids mind on any long journey. As we were walking through Compostela I kept saying, “One of these times we will turn a corner and the church will be right there in front of us. And then it happened. I was amazed at the enormity of the church. Incredibly big! 

We arrived just before noon and already there were hundreds of pilgrims in the square. We took some time to celebrate, take pictures and then get our credentials stamped. 

The trip was 11days; 270 kilometers/167 miles; 457,938 steps; six blisters and a real sense of accomplishment. Enjoyed almost every minute of it. 

A common phrase is The Camino Provides. for me, it is God who always provided what I needed. We developed a rhythm with our group. They would stop early for coffee and I would keep walking. They would catch up (I walk slow). Then I would stop for a bite and a little while later they would stop again. With their two stops for my one I was able to keep pace. So I walked a lot of time alone which was good. I could pray my office as I walked and often times I would meet another solo walker and we would share some Camino time together. As I was struggling the Camino (read God) provided Kiri from Canada. We shared about 3-4 kilometers of good conversation together. 

The last 2k my friends caught back up and we walked them together. Thanks to Chris & Andrea from Indy, Carolein from Holland and Mark from Michigan for sharing my first Camino with me. 

Yes. I said first. Already thinking about Camino 2025! Interested?

6 comments:

  1. Good for you glad you enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and see you at the 11:15 Mass 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully blessed journey! Thanks be to God 🙏 YES, I'll start planning for 2025!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations and thank you for sharing your journey! God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! This is so cool and inspiring! We hope to see you when we come visit IN.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you enjoyed your trip

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Your post will be reviewed as quickly as possible and then posted to the blog. Fr. Tom