Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Day 8: Taking the Scenic Route

 Today we did 20k from Redondela to Pontevedra. It was actually a little longer as we added on a scenic river walk for the last 4k and it adds a couple kilometers. As we walked into town a group of preschoolers kept yelling Buen Camino. It gave me lots of energy. Today was a lot of up and down as I believe the rest of the Camino will be as well. 

The Camino gets a lot more crowded as you get within a hundred kilometers from Santiago. That’s because you must walk 100 kilometers to have officially completed the Camino. 

There are markers all along the pilgrimage route telling you which way to go. Often at the top there are prayer rocks left by pilgrims. Some call them worry rocks where you leave your worries behind. Others say they are your sins that you leave on the Camino. For me they are prayers for all of you supporting me on the journey. 

The rest of the days are about 20 kilometer days.  I feel good and am ready for whatever the rest of the Camino has in mind for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Your post will be reviewed as quickly as possible and then posted to the blog. Fr. Tom