Monday, June 5, 2023

Fatima

 Arrived this morning in Lisbon and picked up my rental car. Asked the attendant for a map and was informed they don’t have one. Hoping some road signs might be in English, but alas…

I knew I needed A1 north. Just wasn’t sure where to find it. I literally made two guesses at turns and there it was. 

Arrived in Fatima about 1:00 local time and spent the day walking around town and praying my way through the day  Did midday prayer in the hotel chapel and celebrated Mass in Portuguese at the chapel of the death of Jesus. 

Came back to my room to rest a piece and will be going out for dinner soon  

It’s amazing how God provides  First, funding the highway after only two turns. Then broke a strap on my backpack and someone st the hotel was able to repair it  God is good All the time and All the time God is good.

Tomorrow I drive on to Porto and begin the Camino on Wednesday.

Not sure if the pics are coming through when I post them from my phone. Can someone let me know. Here are 2 or 3 of 



13 comments:

  1. Safe travels!! Our God of surprises surely has a special one for you…excited to follow along with you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't see the pictures. Be safe and may God bless each step of your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is good! Continued prayers. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will you fly back through Lisbon? We will be there 16-20 and would love to host a meal in celebration of your achievement! (Lori LeRoy)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are flying back through Madrid.

      Delete
  5. Safe travels 😀🙏

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brian & Shirley ConderJune 5, 2023 at 11:44 AM

    Safe travels! Prayers you finish strong.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have an amazing time! Enjoy every minute and be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Safe travels. Couldn't see the pictures!🙏🤔

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stay safe and enjoy the journey. I took up hiking years ago, more into it now. I find it clears my head.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Prayers for an amazing, successful and healthy journey!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like the images are being uploaded in a format blogger can't handle or they don't finished uploading.

    ReplyDelete
  12. No pics yet🙏
    Be safe and it is amazing just “how good” God is!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Your post will be reviewed as quickly as possible and then posted to the blog. Fr. Tom