Tuesday, June 13, 2023

It’s All Downhill Camino Day 7

 I’m now measuring my distance by steps taken. Miles and Kilometers all seem to run together. Today was 43,279. That makes it our 3rd longest day. I think it was about 14 miles. We started the day with a little rain but it cleared up quickly. 

A word about the Camino. If you look at a map of “the Camino de Santiago” you are likely to get a map of many paths. We are on the Portuguese route which can either be coastal or inland. We chose the coastal which is a little bit longer but not as hilly. Don’t get me wrong, there are hills. It is more southern Indiana than northern Indiana. Today. We also chose a variation of the coastal path. There are several variations of the path; they usually keep you closer to the beach. 

According to the book we have been 177k/105 miles with 84 kilometers/54 miles to go. A couple of shortcuts allowed us to cut off some distance as well. The rest of our days should be about 12 mile days. 

It’s been amazing how helpful the locals have been. It is also great to hear their support as they encourage us onward.  

My blisters are healing well. My back is doing great. My legs are fine and my stamina is good. Four days to Santiago de Compostela. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Your post will be reviewed as quickly as possible and then posted to the blog. Fr. Tom