Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Wisdom of Ben Sira Chapter 48

Elijah and Elisha were two great prophets. 

I love the defintion of a prophet as one who comforts the afflicted and afflicts the comfortable. I have had many prophetic people in my life. Back when I was in seminary, I didn't always pray the Liturgy of the Hours. These are the prayers that all priests commit to praying every day. I prayed them some, but certainly not every day. I figured I would begin praying them daily once it was required! I mentioned this to a priest who said to me: "Tom, if you are not praying them now, you probably won't pray them later." I took that to heart and began praying them each day.

Who are the prophets in your life? Who comforts you when you are afflicted and afflicts you when you are comfortable? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Your post will be reviewed as quickly as possible and then posted to the blog. Fr. Tom