Sunday, March 29, 2020

What Are You Reading? What Are You Watching?

I really don't know how long this shelter in place order will last. With that in mind, this morning I made three lists. The first list was a list of books that I want to read. The second was the shows I want to watch. Finally, I made a list of chores that I want to complete.

At the top of the first list is Being George Washington by Glenn Beck. And while I am not a big Glenn Beck fan I am a big George Washington fan, hence I am reading the book. I haven't gotten very far but I'm already impressed with Washington's ability to have a balanced response to each situation he encounterd in the Revolutionary War. The second book on the list is Fr. James Martin's Jesus: A Pilgrimage. It is based on Matin's tour of the Holy Land. It matches the historical site with the actual event from Jesus' life tha makes it historic. Maybe some day I'll lead a pilgrimage tot he Holy Land. This book will help.

What am I watching? I'm binge watching two things: Dowton Abbey (new to me) and The West Wing (which I've binge watched before). I also try to get a daily dose of The Price is Right. I remember watching that as a kid. I loved it then. I love it now. Drew Carey is okay, but I miss Bob Barker.

On my list of chores is to clean out my garage, the closets in my house and the computer files on my computer. But I doubt you care too much about that.

So what about you? What are you watching and what are you reading as you shelter in place?

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment. Your post will be reviewed as quickly as possible and then posted to the blog. Fr. Tom