Thursday, March 26, 2020

Thoughts While Sitting at Home

Thoughts while sitting at Home:

Every so often people call me and ask...So what have you been doing while "sheltering in place"? I tell tehm this. I have always wanted to take a "stay"cation...you know, you stay home and get a lot of things done in the house that you couldn't typically do (clean windows, clean out closets, catch up on reading, etc.) That's exactly what I have been doing. I'd like to share some of the specifics with you.

This week I have cleaned out two rooms of my house, washed all of my windows and screens, and read a book by Dr. Henry Cloud called "Boundaries."  My carpets have quite a bit less dog hair on them (since I can vacuum them more often) and all my laundry is caught up. I also spent some time relaxing. Finally,  I enjoyed watching the Netflix series on Madame CJ Walker. I've exercised daily, but have unfortuntely eaten more than I typicaly do! All in all, it hasn't been too bad.

Some of you are aware that I was supposed to be in Austeralia this week to visit my nephew. This is not Australia but I've actually enjoyed my time at home.

What about you? Use the comment section to share how you have spent your first week of lockdown!

4 comments:

  1. I've been doing what I usually do (I'm retired), but with a little bit more added. I've cleaned out two closets, dusted and cleaned a bookcase full of Star Trek books, cleaned and sorted all my bedroom drawers, and cleaned all the picture frames and glass as well as a lot of knick-knacks. The place looks a lot better and I'm just hoping and praying this virus burns itself out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maddie, Gabby, and I have been hanging out at home the last few weeks, enjoying our toys and going outside when it is pretty! We have enjoyed several walks and Maddie loves to swing on her swing!
    Eric and I have done a few projects around the house to make space for all the toys! Eric likes major house projects when he has extra free time on his hands. I will head back to work (working from home) next week for elearning.
    I enjoyed your blog! Glad to hear you are doing well! I like staycations and getting some chores accomplished at home!
    Take care!
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you are surviving. Hope it goes okay when your elearning begins.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. Your post will be reviewed as quickly as possible and then posted to the blog. Fr. Tom