Friday, March 27, 2020

Wisdom v Hysteria

This morning as I was praying I thought of the difference between wisdom and hysteria. Wisdom says we might be in this for a while and so I better buy an extra package of toilet paper. Hysteria says buy 10 packages. Wisdom says I better watch the news for a bit to see what is new. Hysrteria says I better not turn off the tv because I might miss something. Wisdom says I better check in with my parents and grandparents. Hysteria says I should call them every hour. There is, I think, a balance not only to be found, but to be sought after in this time. I'm praying today that each of us can find that balance.

"Be careful then how you are to walk, not as the unwise, but as wise..." Ephesians 5:15

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is definitely me... Trying very hard not to go hysterical, and take one day at time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Your post will be reviewed as quickly as possible and then posted to the blog. Fr. Tom