Sunday, May 20, 2018

May 21, 2018 Chapter 40 The Spirit is a Moving (Pentecost Sunday)

     I have heard the words a hundred times before but never really thought about them. Jesus tells his disciples it is better for them that he goes. I imagine that they thought this was hogwash! But with hindsight we see how true it is. Without the Holy Spirit, could the faith have spread across the globe? Jesus, a human being, could only be in one place at one time. God's Spirit can be everywhere.
    I am writing this reflection before my Pentecost Masses. I'm going to go out on a limb this weekend to see if we as individual members of the Body of Christ in St. John Paul II Parish, have felt the spirit's nudge. Have we grown in our faith in any substantial way in the last year? the last 2 years or 3 years or 5 years? By the time you read this, I will have asked people to stand if they have grown in their faith in some significant and noticeable way during that time period. If any stood, i will pray a blessing on them. If no one stands, I have significant work to do.
     I believe the Spirit is at work in our parish. I hope this weekend proved that true!

2 comments:

  1. Back in February, someone asked me "have you considered the situation you are going through as a request to get closer to God in faith?"

    I wasn't comfortable, at the moment, to talk about it in such a forward manner. Yet, part of it resonated with something I had thought many years ago, "my life seems very calmed and I have moved away from being active with God."

    This season of life is forcing me to get uncomfortable. It is forcing growth. It is forcing me to plug back into the Spirit.

    Walking in faith has become confusing and challenging for me. I used to go with the flow. Today, it seems it is all logic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved how you made us stand. As you were leading up to it I thought maybe no one would be brave enough to stand. I was touched to see my small group people stand, to see our reflection writers stand, to see those who were at the Mission stand. It has truly been a year of growth. Thank younFather Tom for leading us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Your post will be reviewed as quickly as possible and then posted to the blog. Fr. Tom