Sunday, May 13, 2018

May 14, 2018 Chapter 39 Whatever the Hardship, Keep Rising Up

Rise up was the theme of this year's LA Congress. And while at Congress we heard stories of people who had to rise up against the hardships of life: poverty, illness, death; Immigration issues, language barriers, separations; unemployment, loneliness, fear.
     One of the things I love about the "uprising" of our faith is that our faith doesn't tell us we won't have problems, that we won't have hardships; it simply gives us a "road map" of how to deal with them when they come. That "road map" is Christ and Christ crucified. For the Christian, we take up our cross daily and follow him. That is our road map. That is our way.
     I deal with people struggling on a daily basis. I imagine all of us do. My hope and my prayer is that I can lead them to the road map. That I can lead them to Christ who lived, died and was raised so that we can find our way from death unto life.

1 comment:

  1. I spent a few minutes reflecting on the idea of discovering God's power through hardships.

    It brought me back to a few years ago when I started thinking my live was a little too comfortable in comparison to prior years and that something must be brewing in the background.

    At the same time, I felt disconnected from God in my life.

    In the last few months, I have started connecting once again with the Spirit. The "hardship" is not necessarily a physical one but it is mentally there. Venturing on a new career has been a way to reconnect with my spiritual life.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Your post will be reviewed as quickly as possible and then posted to the blog. Fr. Tom