Monday, January 8, 2018

January 8, 2018  Chapter 19  Jesus Coming of Age

     I recently read a book entitled Three Days: The Search for the Boy Messiah. It is an historic novel by Chris Stepien. In the book, Stepien imagines how it might have been for Jesus as a 12 year-old and going to Jerusalem with his family for Passover.
     What I liked about the book is that it gave possible thoughts to how the situation might have happened 2000 years ago. For instance, Joseph tells Jesus several times that should he get separated from him, he should make his way tot he Temple because he would be safe there. This could easily make sense then when Jesus says, "Did you not know I would be in my father's house?" In other words you told me to go there.
     His teaching in the temple, according to the imagination of Stepien, revolved around several situations in which Jesus found himself. In each of these situations Jesus, being rooted in the scriptures, used them to shed light on the subject. Everyone who saw these encounters were amazed at his wisdom.
     The book helped me to see how it might have happened and helped to make Jesus even more real for me in my life. What thoughts do you have on this chapter?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Your post will be reviewed as quickly as possible and then posted to the blog. Fr. Tom